Thursday, September 14, 2017

Song for a pre-teen starlet: "Running to the Top"

14 Sept 2017


Running to the top

Running to, the top of the mountain

And I never stop

I just catch my breath

Give it all you've got

And you'll reach, the top of the mountain

And you'll reach the top

Just go step by step



There's a haze 

In the valley

All my days

Just go nowhere

Kicking cans

In the alley

I don't want

To end up there


It's so hard

Getting started

Every step

Feels like lead

Once you're on

The path I promise

Sets and reps

Will get you there

(And you'll be ...)


Eagles fly

Snakes are crawling

Everyone

Has their point of view

Hold on tight

To your true vision

And you will

Realize it too



(c) 2017 Frederick C. Ingram (BMI). All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment